July 21, 2006

Dear Monkey

My Darling Monkey Boy,

I write on this blog for fun, to keep the few people who read it up to date on what's been going in our life, to remember things that I may forget, and secretly for you guys to read one day (especially if I am not here:( ). I hope to be able to look back and read this one day and remember things, or special days, or feelings that maybe without this I would not have remembered. I also hope you will enjoy reading it too.

About a week ago, while we were driving home from Aunt Sue's you asked me about how you decide to get married. I explained that you would fall "in love" and when you are ready you will buy a ring and get down on one knee and ask your girlfriend to marry you.
"What if I am nervous?" you asked.
How cute are you? You asked about dating girls, and what you would say to get a girl to go out with you, and where you would go, ect. . This was a very long conversation, and it was a sweet one that I hope I never forget.
*If you read this before you are dating remember that girls like to be treated special, but do not kiss their butt!
*Always treat them like a lady when they act like one, but if they do not (and many don't) please don't waste your time.
*There is no "one special girl", what can be special is a relationship that you have with one of them. If you do have a "special relationship", treat it that way!
*Never disrespect a girl you love! Actually never disrespect a girl period. If they disrespect you, do not tolerate it.
* Please pay on the first date, but not every date!
* And if she does not return your love or kindness DO NOT continue to date her, even if it is hard not to. Girls can be very mean and manipulative.
These are my little bits of advice about woman. I hope I am here to give them to you when you are dating and I hope you will want to hear them from me.
Love Mom
PS* I'm not so sure you should ask dad about this stuff, love him as I may, I don't think this is his strongest subject. Ask him for help with your homework, he has "booksmarts" pouring out of him!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home