April 02, 2006

How did I lose 7 years?

I just never have as much time as I would like to have. There has been more things then I care to count that I was hoping to blog about but as the days go on the things on my mind change and when I finally sit down I can't think of a damn thing that has happened all week. My oldest and youngest caught a stomach bug Thursday to about Saturday. That was fun, for now no one else seems to have it (cross your fingers). My girlfriend has had it circle through her house for 3 weeks now, I am not up for that!!
My oldest is turning 7 in 8 days. So hard for me to believe. A few nights ago the kids were watching a video my stepfather made with stuff from our wedding and when the kids were born. WOW! They were so tiny, and sweet, and we were so young. I wish I could get those years back (kinda). What a different time that was for us. My husband and I both saw it, they were like different people in the movie. Not bad, but now my little babies are 7 and 5 and 2 1/2. I enjoy them being older too, but I miss the tiny people they used to be. I miss my boyfriend too! It was wierd to watch the husband and I interact with eachother. We were just young and dumb and in love! We had no idea what we were in for. Now we are always working and paying bills, or saving money, talking about tile or mulch colors, trees or pavers, minivan or SUV ect. I'm sure you get the point. My love for him has not faded a bit (on average) :), in fact I love him more now than ever, but I miss the days when our life was not so complicated. "Youth is wasted on the young!" And I am not really old yet.
I have decided I want to do the LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE this year in September. It is a 5k walk or run. There is also a 10k run the same day. My husband said he would do it with me, which is awesome!! Part of me would like to try and do the run, because I would have to train for it and it would be an accomplishment for me, and part of me wants to do the walk and bring the kids along and let them get something out of the experience also. I have been sad about my Aunt Carla, and I thought this would be a productive way to deal with my saddness. I would also like to raise a good amount of money. So many people raise so much money for cancer research, it is frustrating we don't have a cure yet! I could write a whole post on this topic! There are so many foundations and so many people raising money............WHAT THE F***!
Anyway, randomly my neighbor decided she would cut my baby girl's hair 2 weeks ago! Yup, you heard me right! She was watching my kids and decided to cut some bangs in her hair cause her hair was in her face. For the record, we were trying to grow her hair to all one length.


No we did not flip out, what was done was done. But, WHO DOES THAT??
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weekend!! I will post about our Birthday celebrations next week!!

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger Xia Diaz said...

SEVEN!!!!! Winnie, I feel old. I remember when you told me you were pregnant. Wow, time does fly. I feel the same about any free time. We don't have kids, but man I don't have time for anything or the energy. As we speak, I'm doing laundry. I still have to clean and sneak some sleep in there.

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Octobermom said...

WHAT THE F*CK??!!!! She cut her HAIR!! Oh my god, 'Noners - if I picked up India one day and her curls were chopped I swear I'd set SOMEONE'S house on fire!

Are you kidding me?? Did I read that right???

Sal

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Colleen said...

If I didn't have my own race I would do it with you and make you run. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home