December 29, 2005

Christmas 2005


The Good and Bad Things About Christmas This Year

:) Christmas eve was on a Saturday, so we had the chance to go to my mom's and Aunt Candy's.

:) We went to our family Christmas Eve party, which we have not gone to in awhile. It was a tradition I did my whole life. We would dance around the tree singing Christmas carols and Santa would come and give us all some presents. It was something I always looked forward to as a kid and I didn't realize how much I missed going until we went again this year.

:( This was our first year without Aunt Carla. My Aunt Candy had an ornament with her picture in it and we all saw it as we danced around the tree. I miss her. I find it hard to believe she is really gone, I guess over time it will seem more normal.

:( Couldn't really get along with the husband this holiday season. We've had a lot of money stress lately, I guess that is suppose wear on us. He found it frustrating that I bought so much for Christmas?? We don't charge, and in my eyes I did not go crazy at all! None the less not fun when you can't enjoy the holidays with your husband, thank god for the kids this year.

:) The pictures we had done of the kids for Christmas this year came out great!!! I hope most of you got one in the mail, but if I probably will post one when I get time.

:) My brother and Pete slept over this year. Fun!! The kids loved having them there, so did we. We were all up wrapping presents until 4 am. When Jacob woke up at 6:30 to tell us all Santa had come it was so enjoyable to see these two bachelor be woken up by three small children at 6:30 am.

:) Santa came!! He brought Jacob a Nintendo DS (but not his front teeth), Eric a Batman radio, and Victoria tons of girlie stuff (dress up shoes and clothes, baby dolls, playschool house, and ponies), but she played in a box half the morning. Eric also received the soundtrack to GREASE (one of his favorites lately) and has been dancing aroung the house singing "tell me more, tell me more" for days now (see below).

:) We had good memories this year! The kids are growing up very fast and I know I will always remember the year Jacob played his Nintendo DS for the whole week, and Eric danced to the GREASE cd for just as long.

:( Santa never brought the "Muppets, Season 1 DVD", or my wedding video. Mr. & Mrs. Clause slacked a little this year.

:( The kids are growing fast.

:( Although they were in the same room for awhile, my father and brother have still not called a truce. They have been angry with eachother for almost 2 years now. It seems like such a waste of time to me. I love them both so much and I can not see why they only see the bad in eachother. I could write a post on this subject and maybe one day I will, but for now it will just go under bad things about this Christmas.

Any Christmas that you spend with your family, and have your health is a good one. I hope you all were as lucky as we were this year.

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Octobermom said...

I kept meaning to tell you that I got your Christmas card and it was GORGEOUS!!! How you and Jace managed three gorgeous kids in a row is amazing. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home