February 12, 2006

Not Today

Many mornings when I wake up with only 2 hours of sleep, and there is dishes from dinner the night before, and toys everywhere I wonder how the hell I got to where I am. When I am doing laundry they are hungry, when I am making breakfast they can't find any clean pants. When I am cleaning their rooms they are pulling all the toys out of the toy room and putting them behind the couch. Every moment of every day is consumed by taking some sort of care of one of my beautiful children. Now add in my husband. Not a bad guy at all, very unmotivated. He is capable but always needs a little nudge, (almost always). Let's add to this pile a full time bartending job which by no means challenges me mentally, but does consume all my sleep time. There are just days when I can't believe this is my real life. I am planning a vacation to Disney with my family for NEXT March! I love my kids, and my husband, and would be lost without some of the people I work with, but it is the things that I actually waste my time doing with my days that depresses me. Driving, cleaning, pouring juice, folding laudry, cutting sandwiches, yelling, refereing, checking homework, driving to work, serving drinks & food, and then home to sleep. Not what I had expected or wished for, so many days I find myself longing for just a little more. But not today!


4 Comments:

At 5:52 AM , Blogger Xia Diaz said...

These pictures are so yummy! Your kids are so beautiful.

I don't have an easy answer on getting over doing everything for everyone else, but ou should practice a self-day at least once a month. On that day, do whatever it is you want to do. The only rule is that it has to directly benefit you. For example, go get a manicure and pedicure, get your hair done, go out to eat, and etc... We are so giving sometimes that we tend to forget about ourselves and we are just as important.

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger Octobermom said...

When I started reading this post, I was drawn into the stress of your life then completely forgot what the hell you were talking about once I saw those pictures. Point taken!

:-D

Sal

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger all that's right, or not said...

Jace thought I was talking about our sex life :) So funny!!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Jenny McB said...

Great pictures! I hope the snow is gone for you. We haven't taken our kids to Disney yet, but I signed up for Mousesavers which is a newsletter about deals at Disney. Check it out.

As far as finding time for yourself, you just have to make those moments. For me, it was always reading.
Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home