April 20, 2006

Easter and the Naked Lady

Easter is not a big holiday(to me), but somehow always turns into one. We had a good day this year, although the husband and I were at odds a little. The weather was beautiful, our children behaved, and my mom cooked a good dinner. Overall what more could I ask for (without being greedy)? I was sick the night before which put a damper on enjoying in any Easter candy, but I could use to lose a few pounds so it was probably for the best. My oldest was a little curious prior to Easter how a big bunny was going to just jump into our house and leave treats, understandably so, but not curious enough to ruin the fun yet. The bear was the first up and HAD to go downstairs and look before the other kids woke up. He was so excited!!! Turtle (which is what the husband calls our little girl for those of you who don't know) was excited too but we had to prompt her to be excited, if you know what I mean. The kids enjoyed their baskets and found their Easter eggs, I cooked pancakes while the husband put some mulch out in our yard. A good day.
At my mom's
Excited over hunting for eggs

Now to the naked lady story....
After our Easter festivities in the morning my oldest asked me if he could watch cartoons? I told him I would look for something for everyone to watch. The intent was to find some sort of Easter program on maybe a local channel, maybe an Easter parade? So I turned to a local channel and within seconds a naked woman is sprawled across my living room TV. The show was about an artist from the 1800's who painted beautiful paintings and one of them just happened to be a woman posing on a red velvet couch with no clothes on. Typical of this time period, very classy, but weird to my 7 year old.

"Why did he paint her naked mommy?"

As quick as I could I channel up on the remote which turned out to be the news reporting about a man who killed six people in his family, which was also confusing to my 7 year old.
"Why did he kill those people mommy?"
Two questions I was not prepared to answer this Easter morning. I was unaware of how un-kid-friendly the news was, even on Easter Sunday. So cartoons it was. Now to the funny part.
Flash forward a day and it is Monday afternoon, the kids are home on spring break, it is a beautiful day!! Several kids from the neighborhood are playing in my yard and I offer them all sidewalk chalk. No big deal right? Unless your child decides to draw a picture of a "naked lady" in your driveway for all the other kids to see. Hard not to laugh right? Even though I just don't think it is that funny, I find myself laughing every time I pull into my driveway anyway.
I hope you all had an enjoyable Easter! Enjoy the pictures!

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM , Blogger Colleen said...

He's the next Picasso!

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I laughed out loud along with Dan. That's too funny.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Jenny McB said...

Okay, so you have got to read my blog from today! We took two seventh graders to the Museum of Fine arts and saw lots of naked people. I wrote it before I read yours! Must be the season of the nude.

BTW, a budding artist in the family?
Jen

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger ~A~ said...

Seeing as I'm a mother of four young and creative kids, I would be both horrified and amused at the same time. That's a great. Now that I had a chuckle at your picture, it's going to happen to me soon. Darn you karma.

Michele sent me.

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger Aginoth said...

Hi winona

Michele sent me :o)

That raised a smile :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home