July 18, 2008

Skipping rocks is free

When I was kid we did not have a lot of money. I don't think most people did. The world itself was a completely different place. Every kid did not have hand held gaming systems and two systems in their house. We didn't have a TV in our car, or even in our room, no ipods, no cellphones. Oddly enough we still managed to be happy. We played, ALL DAY LONG! Riding our bikes, rollerskating, tag, and manhunt. My mom could not, and did not spend tons of money every day trying to entertain us. I long for the same for my kids. So I packed them, and a few friends, into my van (with no TV in it!), some homemade sandwiches, and headed out to the Delaware Water Gap. We hiked, ate lunch, played a little soccer, and skipped rocks. They would have skipped those rocks all day long! And the only money I had to spend was for gas.



A good old-fashion game of who can throw the furthest!

The bear had quite a technique going

The monkey being cool

The turtle searched for shells

The day was wonderful! I personally love to be outside, and LOVE to have my kids all to myself without the distractions their world provides.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM , Blogger Nyla said...

Hi! I am so glad to have found your blog! I agree that the most fun is FREE and OUTSIDE! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I loooooove the Delaware Water Gap. Isn't it fun?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home