December 01, 2007

What's for dinner?

What's your favorite dish?

Do you ever feel like you make the same things for dinner? I do! Obviously with three kids and two very busy adults we have easy things many nights, hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti and meatballs, chili (in the winter), and chicken. At least once a week I look to make something different. We do fish maybe twice a month, I'll grab some form of pork here and there, the only thing we rarely do is red meat. I search through my cookbooks, which I could probably use more of, I look online, even read magazines. I am just out of ideas these days. I want something different! Something healthy and fun. I know those two don't usually go together but they can. My family eats SO well and are always willing to try new things that I hate to repeat the same old things all the time! I wonder if I am the only boring cook out there or do we all do this? If this is my struggle for the week, I guess life is not too bad.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger john said...

I hope you like this for your family.
love aunt ginny


Farfalle with turkey sausage peas mushrooms

1 pound of or bag of egg noodles
1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 pound ground turkey sausage
salt and pepper for taste
10 ounces mushrooms chopped
1/2 cup grated grana padano cheese

In a large pan over high heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Season turkey with the salt and pepper and cook the sausage until golden brown, remove the turkey and put in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil in the same pan add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and saute until all the siquid is evaporated(about 5 minutes). Than add the peas and saute for 4 mintues and put back into pan the turkey sausgae and cook for 3 mintues.
remove from heat and set aide.

cook your noodles and drain and plate your noodles and turkey sausage over the noodles.put the grated grana padano cheese on top and enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home